Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On Saturday we had a nice family outing to the grocery store (where I hadn't been in months!) Cadence fell asleep in the cart.


Dinner time lately has been accompanied by the "eat the peas if you can" game. Since Cadence doesn't need to take as long to eat as we do, this lengthens his time in his chair. So far I think he's successfully capture and eaten one pea.


Cadence is getting quite good at turning the pages when we read a book. Here he is helping me out before we go to bed.


When I was pregnant, I bought this hat for Cadence--thinking that it'd be the first little thing he wore. It was really the only thing I bought in advance...and of course it didn't go anywhere near fitting him. I found it the other day and had to take a picture of him in it. It fits perfectly now...although is completely inadequate for our current weather. Oh well.


Tracey requested that I add a pic of the open mic we went to on Saturday night. That's me in the blue playing the bohran, a celtic drum, with our friends Mark and Carolyn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, in the grocery store pic, is that you Amanda and Drew in the background? Who is taking Cadence's picture?? Brown Bear Brown Bear what do you see.... I remember that book!! Great coffee shop! Beats out Starbucks here! And we definitely don't have ANYONE playing the bohran!
Love Aunt Tracey

Sharilynn said...

OK, you've inspired me. I've been thinking about trying finger foods, but pretty terrified about the prospect. Am going to try now that I see how much Cadence enjoys it. Thanks for sharing those!

I'm jealous of your musical community, sounds wonderful! Sharilynn

Amanda said...

No; that's me in the background but only a Drew look-alike. He's the one taking the picture & pushing the cart. I was impatiently walking ahead looking for cookies.

Chris Benjamin said...

ahh, hippy cafes, slow saturday morning, cute baby and loyal dog...life in the north sounds sweet! glad you guys are enjoying it.