Thursday, June 14, 2007

Big Day!

We don't have any pictures yet, but today at daycare (and then a bit tonight at home) Cadence started to crawl--hands & knees crawl--and also pulled himself up to standing for the first time! We haven't babyproofed a thing, and are about to take a vacation! Going to be a fun/interesting week...

On Monday after work we walked down to the beach for a picnic & Drew & I decided it was too hot & the lake to enticing to ignore. I went for a full-on swim and Drew went in partway. Amazingly warm & refreshing. This was my first swim in a lake since two summers ago, since I didn't manage to find time to swim last year at all.



Drew threw a huge log into the water and Tofu actually fetched it; I couldn't believe it. Here he is once he made it back to shore.


Drew's brother Neil came up one day this week and spent the night with us before heading back to Toronto. It was a short but very nice & comfortable visit, and Cadence just couldn't get enough of his Uncle Neil.


Tonight before dinner, Cadence demonstrated a bit of his crawling on the kitchen floor. Of course I didn't catch it on camera (I was busy watching & congratulating). But afterwards he had some just plain happy time on his back, like in the good ol' pre-crawling days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Congratulations Cadence!! Mommy and Daddy better get that house Cadence-proofed and FAST!! (don't forget the poinsettia...)
Great lake pics - looks so refreshing.... Two rather large alligators were found in our local river - the Hooch - so they recommend keeping pets on a leash....so I guess no swimming either....
Love Aunt Tracey :-)