We had a great time, Gramma & Grampa were happy to hang out with Cadence so Drew and I could have some nice couple time. A day to Mexico, a day hiking & wildlife watching, a nice dinner out, and of course lots of family time at the beach & playground. Cadence was a great little traveller; we're so proud.
Cadence & I on the drive to North Bay, first leg of the trip. So far so good! (Except for the fruit smoothie that was spilled EVERYWHERE on little C. travel mug & moving vehicle not a great combo)
On the beach, I think this was our first day.
At the national wildlife refuge Drew and I went to. Lots of cactus (cactai?)
Posing with the alligator I saw! We visited during a massive drought so this little creature wasn't going anywhere; that pond was likely the only water for miles.
Standing above this landscape, I was just waiting for a T-Rex to walk into view. Can't you just see the dinos roaming around here?
In the nearest town on the mainland, I quickly climbed the historic lighthouse. Then Cadence (small dot in blue jacket) saw me way up there, and arms outstretched started trying to find his way to his mommy.
Ok, so corn dogs are big in Texas (known to us Ontarians as Pogos). There we were in the grocery store, when lo & behold I found vegetarian corn dogs! So everyone had one for lunch, with mac & cheese, and boy did Cadence like his! Wish I could have brought a few boxes home.
Drew and I went for a bike ride to the park on the island in search of a surfing contest that ended up being postponed. It was a VERY windy day, and I actually rode for about 5 minutes (even a bit uphill) without pedalling...interestingly the wind blew me right to this big statue of Jesus. Hmmm. We paused long enough to take a picture.
Mom & I took Cadence to a turtle rescue place on the island. He got a blue t-shirt & liked the water & the blue pools of water more than the turtles themselves.
We bought a kite (none of the pictures actually showed the kite as much more than a speck). Cadence wasn't actually all that interested in the kite, preferring to splash about in the water, but we adults had quite a good time wtih it.
On our way to the short boardwalk/wetland/bird sanctuary on the island.
No home base is complete without access to a playground for after-dinner playtime!
1 comment:
Wow! Great pictures! You guys did a lot - beach, kites, turltes, T- Rexes (looks kind of like Jurassic Park),spilled smoothies, veggie corn dogs and biking to Jesus!
Love Tracey
Hey, Cadence looks even older....so cute!
Post a Comment