Thursday, October 02, 2008

2008 Plowing Match, Sleepy Bear

As promised, I took some pictures at the plowing match, which was a real hoot. Unlike the Fall Fair, this really was RURAL, and I just loved it.

One of my favourite parts was seeing part of the Queen of the Furrow competition, where young teen girls actually had to plough a furrow better than her competitors--so nice to see a competition that's based on (a bit) more than "talent" and looks...(of course they were all wearing their skinny jeans & trendy shoes...)

They had a toy tent, and Cadence quickly tried to make a getaway on a tractor. One of the volunteers had to run our & corral him back to the tent.

We watched almost all of the lawn tractor races--some were totally souped up, others just put-putted along the course.

The Plowing Match also featured some live entertainment. Sorry--this starts out sideways & then flips--the feature here really is the lyrics of the song...I hope they come across ok. Also they had good muffins.


Our sleepy bear. After nap the other day (the day Cadence was a bit over-tired and shooed me out of the room in a fit of rage at nap time), I went to wake him up & he was just so precious, with White Teddy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never been to a plowing match but it looks like fun! Cadence and white bear are so cute! It was so nice to see Cadence and Phant here over the weekend!
Love you all
Tracey