Monday, December 15, 2008

Santa's coming!!

Ok--been a while, and now our camera's broken so I don't know when we'll have more pics...but an update is definitely in order.

From before our camera broke, one pic only from the NL Santa parade. Cadence got to meet the big Giant Tiger mascot. Very exciting...


And Cadence posing before his little mini-snowman before demolishing it with a sweep of the arm.


This past Friday night was my work Christmas party, so Gramma & Grampa came from Kirkland Lake to babysit & give Drew & I a night out. It all went very smoothly, and then Saturday morning Cadence wouldn't let them leave! So, we explored the idea of him going with Gramma & Grampa, and all were in favour! By 10:30 we had spontaneously packed him off & sent him on his way to KL for a sleepover visit, and then found ourselves at home for a full 24 hours on our own! Cadence did great, no problems at all (I was a bit worried about bedtime or waking in the night without me there, but guess there was no need to worry!) I drove there to pick him up at lunch time, and he was back here in time for us all to decorate the tree. Christmas is officially coming!

All's well here as we get ready and I'm honestly more than ready for the holidays to start. Cadence seems to fully & completely get the whole Santa thing, and we've enhanced the education so far with tv viewings of Frosty &Rudolph. I think the grinch is on tonight. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Giant Tiger or Tigre Geant - love it! Great that you guys all had a fun w/e doing your own things and then coming together to decorate the tree. Less than two weeks left until Christmas.
Merry Christmas you guys.
Love Tracey