Sunday, March 22, 2009

Just because it's March doesn't mean it's spring...but we're not complaining :)

Cadence is napping away after a fun morning together--we hiked/toboganned up the trails & looped around to the end of our street, then came back & had a yummy burrito lunch. I wasn't sleepy (too much coffee), so thought I'd put up our most recent pictures.

I found these in the camera--a little photo shoot Drew and Cadence had. I think there's a bit of a rock star/model theme to a few of the pictures to follow...

3-d glasses from a film Drew went to see when we were last in London.



Cadence has recently discovered the fun of Connect 4. And all the other things you can do with checkers, like place them on the sleeping dog.


Last weekend, Cadence & I went to Sudbury to visit Grampa & Gammie, who have a lot of fun toys such as cameras & guitars. I picked him up a proper pair of sunglasses while we were there. Not as cool as the 3-d ones, but at least these won't give him a headache (3-d glasses these days have come a long way from those red & blue ones...)




Yesterday, Cadence & I went along with pretty much all of the under-6 kids in town to a sleigh ride place, paid for by the Early Years Centre (LOVE the EYC). There were hot dogs (brought our own veggie ones), marshmallows (which we ate first), and lots of hot chocolate (unsure just how much we drank; it was a lot). Sliding, and horse-drawn sleigh. Plus an outhouse which was also exciting.



Cup...3? of hot chocolate (in a maxwell house cup).

Here we are, at the top of the hill. When we talked about it before hand, Cadence was firm about NOT going sliding down the big hill. Also not at all interest when we got there. Then about 2 hrs in, after multi-marshmallows, hot chocolate, & one veggie dog each, he wanted to go. It was VERY fun. We laughed & yelled the whole way down, then as soon as we got to the bottom, "let's do it again!!" I think we did it about 5 times, then it was time to go. That was the most fun I've had in ages. It's hard to tell, but the hill's actually quite big. Lovin' the smile I get anytime I ask Cadence to smile for the camera.


This morning we explored our yard, since the crust on the snow is generally hard enough to walk on now. On the few occasions I broke through, I fell through mid-thigh. We ended up heading up the whole way on our trail then around in a loop & came out the end of our street. Cold out but the sun is just so nice these days. Lots of deer tracks but no actual sightings (we're still really hoping to see a moose).


No explanation needed, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I bet the more hot chocolate Cadence had (and marshmallows)the bigger his smile got! Way to go Cadence! Going down the big hill 5 times!!
Thanks for posting more great pictures!!
Love Tracey