Monday, May 18, 2009

Potty update

Ok, so things are not going as smoothly today. Saturday was so easy, he was going on his own, etc. Yesterday we ventured outside, had a couple of accidents, two in bed last night, and two already this morning. Today I'm back onto the "method" in full force, hoping we can see success. I'm so sick of saying, "how are your underpants? Dry!? Good job!" and it's such a beautiful day today, but we're staying in! It's an investment. It's an investment. Stay tuned....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! It'll happen. I'm remembering now doing this with Hallie and Emillie - LOTS OF FUN.....
Love Tracey

Amanda said...

I am SO GLAD tomorrow's a work/daycare day. Here daycare, here's a semi-potty-trained boy. I need a break.

That's what we pay the big bucks for.

Sharilynn said...

Hang in there Amanda, he'll get it! How did the first day of daycare go? Nice to see all the new photos and stories.

Amanda said...

Ok! our big boy woke up dry this morning, and came home from daycare in the same clothes we sent him in! (i.e. no accidents). Staying the course...right now they're out on a bike ride, way down the road, and it's been a while since the last potty visit. I'm expecting some wet undies when they come in for supper ;)

Sharilynn said...

Yay Cadence! What a big boy! It took Jordan about 2 weeks before we had most situations figured out, but it got consistently better each day. He's really perfect now (we count peeing outside as being perfect, as long as it doesn't get in the pants, but we're in France, it's normal to do that here). You're almost there now, congratulations!

Amanda said...

Yes, we've definitely embraced the peeing outside as well. (we're in Northern Ontario, it's normal to do that here). But he's decided he must pee by a BUSH, so there's always a mad dash to find a bush. Egads.

Hope you guys are doing well :) It's shorts weather today!!!!

Amanda said...

Cadence, Saturday afternoon: "Mommy, I have to pee." I look out the window, and there he is in the driveway, pants around his ankles. No worries; we're in the middle of nowhere.

A minute later, Cadence calling me from the steps: "Mommy, I pooed in the driveway!" (I think he was proud. Reasonable, since I think that was his first outdoor squat.) I explained that we really try not to do that, and then he helped me pick it up & put it in with Tofu's "special" garbage can.

Sharilynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharilynn said...

LOL!! There are some downsides to being out of diapers too. Is he all trained now? Sharilynn

Amanda said...

Yep--it's been about 2 weeks now since an accident, I think. How amazing. Yay!