Anyways, here is an update through pictures of (some of) what's been up since we got back from vacation..
Of course we went to the fall fair, although I was fighting a cold on the day of the parade, so I missed it! Drew & Cadence went. The day before, we went after school & Cadence played a couple of games. He was an old pro, after having gone to the midway in KL a few weeks before. No entries into the home crafts competitions for us this year though; just not enough time. I'll get back in there next year.
Our team: the Polyester Spellers. Hence the shirts.

A bunch of us from work participated in the Literacy Council fundraiser spelling bee, which I've been wanting to participate in for years. This year I finally made it, and it was SO MUCH FUN. Of course I got my mom to join our team, and it turned out to be smart--having a team member who studied latin in school is a big asset at this kind of event. To top it all off, we WON FIRST PLACE! We're already getting ready for next year :) When I told Cadence the next morning about the win and showed him the trophy, I asked if he was proud. He sort of nodded. Then I asked if he would have been proud even if we hadn't won, he gave me a big nod. Great--my teachings are sinking in.

We're fortunate to have a really energetic group of physical activity enthusiasts in town. This year there's been a series of "Get fit in Timiskaming" events and today we made it out to our first (it was the 4th in the series). Each one's been at a different location; today's was at the cross-country ski club through the trails. I couldn't figure out how to make it work (friends did it with a jogging stroller; I'll do that next time), so Cadence participated first in the toddler 100m dash, then we all did the kids' 1K (aka the piggyback run), and then Drew joined in the 5k (there was also a 10k) while Cadence & I went inside for hot chocolate. Cadence had a BLAST running & laughing the entire time and he can't wait til the next race event (November). Next time I think we'll all participate, which will be super fun.
Cadence loving the toddler 100m dash. It was incredibly exciting & cute to watch all these kiddies racing.

Getting ready for the Kids' 1K

Kids' 1K: on your mark...get set...GO!

Go Cadence go!!

5k/10k start: Go Drew go!!!!!
1 comment:
Yay Polyester Spellers! You kicked some spelling butt. Nice pictures from the races today. Looks like Fall has arrived in New Liskeard.
Thanks for the updates!!
Love Tracey
Post a Comment