Sunday, June 02, 2013

We likely have way more pictures of life since last summer, but I'll share what I have handy on my phone. And look at the other camera to find more, if there's more.

It's a rainy day, Cadence is at a friend's for the afternoon, and so Drew & I are having a cozy afternoon at home before we each go out to jam (with different people). I'm fighting a cold. Probably the only reason I'm sitting in a chair during the daytime instead of running about getting things done.

This year for March Break, Cadence, two friends from school, their mom (my friend Erin) and I travelled to upstate New York for some skiing. Cadence and I learned (tried to learn) to snowboard and he learned to ski. I couldn't keep up with all the six-year-olds. 
The resort was celebrating its 50th anniversary, so every 50th chair on a couple of the lifts was painted gold. So exciting when we managed to catch one.


We stopped in Niagara Falls on the way back. 

The best part of Niagara Falls was visiting Ripley's Believe it of Not. This is Cadence posing with a statue of the guy who can pop his eyeballs out of their sockets. Cadence is trying to mimic him. I sent the picture to Drew after taking it. That evening on the phone he suddenly said, "so, did you cut your hair?" I didn't know what he meant. Then he said, "and is that a bunch of make-up?" It took a while, but then we realized the mix-up--who Drew thought  was in that picture with Cadence. 




A fun second year of hockey ended with Cadence "graduating" to Novice. Next year, he'll have to try out. He loves it, and has a lot of fun. Our community hosted a fun-day for the region on the last day of March Break; this was the last on-ice day for the kids. Now we're into soccer, but will be back on the ice again before long. 




Last night was the final performance of the local production of The Wizard of Oz. Cadence was a munchkin. If you ask him whether he liked the experience, he'll say no. But I think he did. We'll see whether it happens again, but in the end we all made new friends/acquiantances, and he got to feel part of something bigger than himself. We got to talk about theatre as a gift to the community. And they were pretty darn cute. The show was huge, and they really pulled it off.




No comments: