Sunday, March 04, 2007

Saturday Fun

Ok! Had a fun day yesterday. We snowshoed in our backyard for 1 1/2 hrs, and even got lost at one point! Then in the afternoon Cadence and I walked (ok, he was pushed) downtown, and later we went to his first birthday party. In bed by 8:30; we were all exhausted. Here are some pictures...

Snowshoeing yesterday morning. Great workout. There is actually a function to the trips (we're going to go this morning again, I think)--this trail also gets me to work & back each day, so by packing it on the weekend after a lot of snow I can then get through with just boots on Monday! If it's too bad I can take the road, but who wouldn't rather a route like this?




Can you spot the Tofu?


Cadence and I at Ian's birthday party. Our friend Kerry made the best birthday cake I've ever seen--it was a whole barn complete with marzipan pigs, horse, and chickens (poussins, for the french party-goers). She's definitely set the bar high. I hope Cadence realizes that it's all rectangles & squares when his turn comes. Possibly double-decker, but there the fun ends.


That's our little man stealing (and later eating) the birthday boy's hat.


Cadence still just rolls around the floor a bit (i.e. no signs of being anywhere close to crawling, or moving on his tummy at all), but he is getting much better at standing. Here he is at the living room table.


And with me in his bedroom. He'll take the occasional step on his own but mostly is just having a ball standing there, just laughing away.


We've been finding it pretty challenging keeping Cadence from losing it when the sun gets in his eyes, and then we saw a picture of his little friend Jordan in sunglasses. Of course! So I sent Drew to Zellers to pick some out for Cadence and here's what he came home with:



Just being happy in the kitchen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics from your backyard! So cool that that is the way you can go to work Amanda! So serene and beautiful. Don't think - actually, am pretty certain - that I couldn't get lost in my backyard.... Love the birthday party shots. Can't believe Cadence is standing! Forget crawling, he's going to go straight to walking. Nice, sunglasses you picked out Drew - where's Cadence's Harley?
Love Aunt Tracey

Amanda said...

Well watch what you say--I just found out that this weekend there were kiddie skidoo races. A woman I work with has 2 kids: 6 &, get this, 4--who race skidoos. Kid-sized that max out at 15mph. But still. 4 years! We do want to fit in around here...

Anonymous said...

Cool shades! Stylin' dude.

I'm with you Amanda, it's all squares and rectangles when it comes to birthday cake. I'm willing to incorporate circles, provided there's a pan shaped that way. I wonder how our boys will grow up well-adjusted under such deprivation.

Anonymous said...

PS - that last comment was from me.

I just wanted to add that I am making cauliflower soup for dinner and it made me think of Cadence. It happens when I cook with broccoli (aka Brock Gauley) too! Sharilynn

Anonymous said...

well your blog and the gorgeous snowshoeing shots are making me jealous. i think next winter is a must to come and enjoy that wonderland with you! i'll bring the hot chocolate.
regarding cadence's 1st birthday cake - if you could make a triangle cake then he could wear the shades to go with it!
Great pics and love the 'where's tofu' shot. it's now my screensaver.
xo Auntie Mer

Anonymous said...

Our little guy is destined for stardom. He's already doing standup AND doing a take off of Jake and Elwood. (does anyone remember..)

Loved the outdoor pics, especially Tofu playing detective in the snow. Great photography, too.

Love Nana/