We're doing well--Drew's working hard, Cadence is sleeping very well, and I'm feeling lately like I've rejoined normal life. I fully expect ups & downs but in the meantime we're in an up. Some pictures from the past couple of weeks:
We've taken to eating outside whenever we can. Here's Drew and Cadence the other night at dinner. Notice the cut lawn in the background--we finally did it!!
and Cadence playing with his daddy's foot after dessert.
On Sunday we went for a nice bike ride in the morning--we brought the camera to take pictures of other people's gardens and houses. Was fun but felt a wee bit creepy. We met a really nice lady though and she shared some great landscaping tips. Cadence had his morning nap in the bike trailer. It's a 2-seater; we've thought about strapping little Tofu in but haven't tried just yet. A big thank you, that I shamefully omitted last time we featured this great contraption, to Meredith, Steve, and Lee for the MEC gift certificate that paid for this! Thank you! We feel so great and at home on our bikes; it's great to bring Cadence along.
We've added the freezer door with alphabet magnets to the repertoire of activities for Cadence during meal preparation. Previous activities have included the tupperware cupboard, the metal bowls, camping out under the table.
Snow last Tuesday at lunch time.
Cadence is still a rolling professional...well more like a rolling hobbyist. He's still generally a sitter, although this past week has seen brief and occasional stints of the commando crawl (forwards!) So we'll see if/when a crawl emerges. I think he's picking up these habits from his compadres at the daycare.
This was neat. Tofu has a special ball that you can fill up with kibble & as he rolls it around the kibbles fall out, sort of one at a time. In this instance, one of the kibbles ended up under the exersaucer, and Tofu hasn't figured out that he can just push it out of the way; he seems sort of wary of a lot of this baby stuff. Cadence appeared to understand Tofu's dilemma, and not only did he get the kibble from under the exersaucer for Tofu, but he didn't eat it! He put it down on the ground for his furry friend to eat. I was very impressed.
Drew found this butterfly at the beach & took about a hundred amazing pictures of it. It's bringing back my childhood fears of butterflies & moths but I also think it's neat to see it so closely.
2 comments:
Emillie and I really liked the story of Cadence getting Tofu's kibble and giving it to him - awwwww. Cadence is getting bigger every time we see pics of him!! Still SO CUTE!!! Must be warm up your way as I see you guys wearing shorts - except for that day of snow :-0 .
Not sure either about that butterfly/moth picture - although it is pretty neat to see it so up upclose - Silence of the Lambs anyone???
Love Aunt Tracey and Cousin Emillie
I want to see photos of Tofu in that trailer next time, it's the only way the image could possibly be more perfect. I can just imagine you all on your bikes, so at home. Great photos! Sharilynn
Post a Comment