Monday, December 17, 2007

It's Winter!

I'm home sick from work today--nothing crazy but getting over some flu/bad food I think and generally just feeling a little fatigued. But, the benefit--I managed to get a posting done!

Winter has fully arrived, and as such we're spending precious daylight hours either as cozy as possible inside or playing outside. Otherwise, getting ready for Christmas and our big trip to the big city!

We snowshoed part way to work one day last week, to break a trail through the bush. Now we can walk on it with just boots..until the next good snow, at least!


Two weekends ago my dad & Nancy came up for our first of three Christmasses. Here's Tofu modelling his new holiday sweater. He loves it.

Cadence and his Gammie playing with a new fridge toy. It plays music that sticks in your head. But is educational, so we don't mind. :)

Playing peek-a-boo with Grampa at the dinner table

Even in the heat of the car, -25 is all around us. Cadence is a true northern boy, donning his snowsuit, boots, belaclava, mittens, and scarf for every outing.


Toboggan fun in the back yard. Two weekends ago we made a path and after a few runs got a bit of speed; Cadence was laughing harder the faster we went.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving all that snow from waaaay down here in Atlanta.... sure brings back memories! Thanks! Hope you're feeling better Amanda. I'm so excited to see the blog updated.... must.... calm down...
Love Tracey