Auntie Mer came for an extended weekend visit (she's still here!) and although we've not done much exciting, we hope that the visit's at least been relaxing for her and a nice respite from city life for a few days.
Saturday was a beautiful day, and we all walked downtown together. Lucky us, two planes were not only parked on the ice near the marina but just when we came close enough to get a good look, they both took off! The red one is long gone at this point and the white one is just getting ready to start taxying down the ice.
We celebrated her birthday together yesterday; here is Cadence helping her open one of her gifts.
I know I look particularly special in this photo, but I promised Drew I'd post it. Cadence loves having horsy back rides.
Two weekends ago Drew, Cadence, and I went snowshoeing with a local hiking group. It was 3 hrs of snowshoeing and we went about 5.5 km, much of which was uphill.
The view, of course, made it all worth it.
Cadence finally fell asleep for about the last hour of the hike.
Cadence loves trying on other people's shoes. Actually, we get a pretty good kick out of it too.
Self portrait.
1 comment:
Love the horsey back ride picture. Very cool to see the plane take off on the frozen lake. Neat! Nice that Meredith is there. Enjoy your visit.
Love Tracey
Post a Comment