Last weekend Drew set up his drum set, after a long rest. Started showing C. the ropes. Um, sticks.
A change of schedule sent Cadence to daycare on Valentine's day. I can't believe they start this so young...and no one said anything to us, so Cadence didn't bring anything for the others, but came home with valentines from all his little classmates! Here he is checking them out with Drew. We parents exercised our authority by removing all candies & chocolate before he could figure out that they're actually food. He also made us a lovely valentine that day (which he actually has in his mouth in this picture; it's a heart made our of play-doh that they then baked). Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
Friday night was the health unit's curling funspiel--it had been years since I curled last, but it's amazing how quickly it comes back. Drew and Cadence came for the first bit, then went home and Drew put Cadence to bed...allowing what was my FIRST EVENING OUT on my own since Cadence was born. They're baby steps, but they feel great.
I don't remember necessarily doing this, but it looks as though I'm explaining the rules of the game to Cadence. I think he just really liked a) the brooms, and b) that some of the rocks were blue. Right now, it's ALL about blue.
We're all being assigned our teams. He sure seems to want to take part...
He wants skip just like his mama! Few years to go, little guy.
The roads today were questionable, so it was easier to just stay put & play outside. Cadence enjoying the view.
The father & son toboggan team. They crashed into the snowbank on the other side of the road.
Dad teaching son how to catch snowflakes on his tongue.
3 comments:
Wow, from drumming, to curling, to toboganning..... whew! Looks like Cadence had a few Valentines! He'll have many more years to take part in that event. Valentines Day looked like Hallowe'en with all the candy that came home. I felt it my duty to help with eating it. While you all enjoyed the snow today we sat indoors near the windowless downstairs bathroom ready to bolt into it while the tornado sirens blared and the rains and winds crashed all around.
Love Tracey
So funny, Jordan is all about blue now too. If he wants you to show him colours, he points to things and says, "blue, blue". He gets very excited when he realizes he's wearing something blue. So funny! I LOVE the photo of Drew and Cadence catching snowflakes. So sweet. It's never too early to learn important things like that. Keep the photos coming, it's so great to see them!
I can't wait to come & play in the snow! You've made my day start with a good giggle. Love all the pics!
auntie mer
Post a Comment