A bit leftover from our trip to Quebec. Our last morning there, Drew was in the restaurant while Cadence & I played outside (restaurants in Quebec are for the most part not entirely welcoming of energetic toddlers). A nun stopped by to complement Cadence.
After our big trip to Texas, and then the to Quebec, Cadence quickly became an airport & travel pro.
At home, we're settling in for a nice summer. We went to our first yard sale last weekend and we (I) scored big with a Thomas the Tank Engine train set. It's quite involved in its assembly and this actually only shows half of it--there's a big roadway system that interconnects with the railroad but I wasn't that ambitious. I spent about an hour that afternoon trying to set up the train set despite Mr. Godzilla's constant dismantling, then gave up right at the end, having decided it was just too old an activity for Cadence at this point. But then, in comes the battery-toting daddy, and the train set was an instant hit (and guess who got all the glory for that one!?) I'm exaggerating. It's put away now, maybe to resurface during the long winter.
We had a number of friends come by for a visit a couple of weekends ago--was fabulous to see Jasmine & Kaarina on their way through to KL, and our old neighbour Tony came by for a couple of days to help Drew out on a project. I teased him about it, but am very glad that Drew had us all sit & pose for a pic on the couch.
Helpful as usual, Cadence is great when it comes to doing dishes. His job is to rinse, and put them in the rack--which he actually does quite well, plus it's more fun with two!
With a fruit smoothie beard. Another moment when he really looked like his papa.
On our drive back from the Rouyn airport, we saw the most amazing double rainbow, and could even see it to the ground at both ends. The picture doesn't begin to do it justice. Anyways--this rainbow's for nana, who's embarking on a hard journey today. We're thinking of you!!
1 comment:
Yay more pictures!! I really like the picture of you guys and the nun. Beautiful rainbow shot too. Cool train set - Cadence will probably really be into it in the next year for sure! We'll be excited to have Cadence come stay with us and help do our dishes too!
Hope everyone is on the mend and no more colds....
Love Tracey
Post a Comment