Sunday, March 01, 2009

Buried in Snow

Busy as usual, although somehow feeling calmer these days. Last month was a difficult one; we lost beloved Nana. I've found some nice pictures of her with Cadence that I'll post below.

A while ago, friends Ireen & Thorben came up to check out the local ski club; they stayed with us & we had a great visit. I think Cadence particularly like Ireen; here they are reading "Oh the Places You'll go."


About two weeks ago Drew looked up to see a Lynx walking across the back of our yard. We all got to watch it for about ten minutes as it slowly made its way up one side & across the back. Click on the title of this posting to see the sasquatch-sighting-like video Tony took. I went for a very short snowshoe this afternoon & saw four sets of lynx tracks--very cool. We think that our compost pile attracts rabbits, and the rabbits attract the lynx. We're assuming, of course, that there's only one lynx...


Mid-way through our trip to London for Doreen's memorial last weekend, Cadence & I took a side-trip to visit Aunt Tracey, Uncle Brian, Hallie, & Emillie.



Exploring & examining some of Nana's pottery. We're excited to have such beautiful things that she made in our home.

Snowshoeing last weekend (i.e. before the most recent crazy snowfall; we have a tonne more than this now!) Not sure whether you can tell here, but the snow is way above Tofu's head.


Yesterday morning, skiing--ahead in the distance you might faintly make out me pulling Cadence in the pulk. Was a gorgeous day, and although we didn't ski very far, it was nice to get out & pulling a 30-lb child really adds to the work-out.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Amanda and wonderful ones of Cadence and his Nana.
Love Tracey