Sunday, August 02, 2009

Fever!

It's the August long weekend, and I'm spending the day on the couch with sleepy/groany Cadence, who has a bit of a fever. We've surrounded ourselves with juice, books, pillows, & each other. He's napping for the 2nd time today (it's only noon), and I'm finally getting this blog caught up!

We've had a busy week's vacation, and have been back at work for a couple of weeks now. Starting just before vacation began:

Cadence went to a friend from daycare's birthday party. On the way back, we happened upon the Bikers' Reunion Freedom Ride, where thousands (I think) of bikers head through town & up to the hospital to give carnations to patients...it's meant to be a big symbol of support & unity for cancer survivors and patients. I've never watched it before, but was actually (surprisingly) a little bit moved. Of course Cadence just liked all the moterbikes, and that everyone waved to him.


A few days later we had his 3rd birthday party, but appear to have absolutely no pictures of the event. Oops (Drew very likely (I hope?) has video).

Then, the following Friday, we excitedly welcomed the Gauleys from way down south! Auntie Mer, Uncle Neil, Auntie Lee, Uncle Steve, and grampa all came up to celebrate Grampa's 80th birthday, along with Uncle Steve & Cadence's birthdays which all take place in July. We had a really fabulous weekend and can't wait to see everyone again.

Telling jokes in the kitchen using the radio mic. Everyone laughed uproariously at everyone else's jokes. Love it.


The Gauley men, with the exception of Drew, seem to really enjoy watching golf. Cadence spent a good 10 or 20 minutes standing like this watching it with them. The next day, Drew, Meredith, Steve, & Neil actually went to play golf, and it turns out that Drew really enjoyed it. Discussion is ongoing as to whether this will become a new sport (is it a sport? a game?) that we engage in as a couple.


Uncle Steve with his beer butt chickens. I decided to omit the pics of him making them dance & fly around in the kitchen pre-bbq.


Grampa.


Playing with his new walking/back-flipping doggy ("Tofu") that Grampa gave him for his birthday. Cadence likes to tell the dog to sit, then stay, then flip (which it all does automatically), then tell him he's a good dog & offer him a treat.


Happy 80th Birthday Ron! Happy birthday Steve! Happy birthday Cadence! (DELICIOUS cake)


Napping with his new bestest friend, Beavers the beaver from Auntie Mer.


Cadence is stirring; I'll take a break and continue the vacation log soon!

No comments: