After the Gauleys headed back down south, Cadence & I headed to KL as Aunt Tracey & cousins Hallie & Emillie were visiting. We had a great couple of nights, including two games of scrabble (it doesn't matter who won; I'm only in it for the fun).
All of us went to Swastika to feed lettuce to the ducks; there was even a family with lots of little babies. Also a train for posing in.


Cadence, Hallie, Emillie, and I went to a public swim one day--it's been forever since I swam in that pool, and we're not at all used to a pool being that crowded. I think C. had more fun people watching & taking it all in than he did from the swimming part. Regardless I'm always into a good swim, and this was great.

Right near Gramma & Grampa's house is a playground with baseball field. Here are C and his cousins racing down a slide.

Then, a real baseball game broke out with all of us playing, and running the bases etc. Somehow it seemed to evolve into a game of everybody on one team and me on the other. Lots of fun.

We headed back to NL then, to pack for our music festival/camping trip in river valley (www.riverandsky.ca) We got VERY rained on, and VERY mosquito bitten, but that didn't stop the fun. I don't have many pictures, but swimming in the current of the Temagami River, singing & marching in the chidren's parades, playing soccer, and eating funnel cake are some of the highlights for me.
Cooking weiners (veg) on the campfire, day 1.

Smores!!

Sticky!

Classic camping potty pic. Every child needs one.

Day 2, nap. Beavers was the chosen camping companion.

Day 2 supper. Never too wet to roast marshmallows before the evening's music begins. I have to say that Cadence was great--totally into the music, not wanting to leave, and each night we fell asleep in the tent just lying there & listening to the music (the stage was close enough to hear everything from our campsite). Can't wait to do more of this with him!

Day 3, lunch--knowing we'd have packed up our gear, I bought some just-add-water Mac and Cheese. DO NOT buy this stuff. I admit that to like KD in the first place a person has to have pretty low food standards, but this is just unreasonable. We bought greasy lunch from the vendors instead.

After we got back, we all went to Kap Kig i Wan to meet with cousins Peter & Emma who were up from Ottawa for a week. We saw a beaver swimming.

Cadence's big birthday present from the family this year is a new sandbox, still under construction. Cadence and Drew can often be found working together on it in the yard evenings after work/daycare. We're all very excited to get it built and filled with sand!

That's it; I'm all caught up! Hope everyone's having a great summer!
2 comments:
Great recap of your July! Great pictures of Cadence and all the families! Hope he is feeling better and that his fever is gone.
Love Tracey
I'm not jealous of the mosquitoes, but everything else looks amazing!! We are dying to see you guys again, we'll be sure to visit next summer when we are back in Ontario. I hope everyone is feeling better, thanks for posting!
Post a Comment