Plus, we've been up to a lot of other great exhausting stuff...
Back in July, Drew had his big performance at the River and Sky music festival. Cadence and I got to enjoy popsicles on the lawn as the test audience on Sunday afternoon before the festival as the band tried out their song outdoors. It was awesome. And if you haven't seen them yet, check out the performance clips here.
We didn't do very much camping this year, but got a few weekends in. During the August long weekend, Drew taught Cadence how to chop wood.
This summer, Cadence's friends taught him to ride his bike. Now it's like he's always been able to do it. He loves doing burn-outs.
There's a bike trick place downtown; one day I cycled down with Cadence and Isaac and introduced them to the fun of making bike movies.
Some of this fall's apple harvest. One of my favourite days of the year.
There was no hesitation in deciding to join hockey again this year, and Cadence loves it. I think this year what's neat is that he's not the youngest, or the newest, anymore, and that feels really good to him. Last year in hockey, then this summer in soccer, that was the case, and he seems really proud to fit in and know what's what. I'm enjoying being back to it as well; who would have thought?
The Ontario government has decided to cancel and sell our public railroad. September 28 was the last run for the Northlander, which has run for 100 years and on which I've certainly had my share of rides. We walked down to the tracks to show our support for the train as it passed (and how upset we were about it). The conductor yelled out the window to us as he passed, "we'll be back!" I hope so.
Thanksgiving weekend here was a blast. We had 19 humans and 3 dogs in the house, and everything went off smoothly (mostly everything). But before everyone arrived, we made sure to enjoy the sunshine and the leaves.
The family portrait, taken by our neighbours who also joined us for the feast.










2 comments:
Hi! I love Cadence on his bike doing a "burn out"! Awesome!!
Love Tracey
Great performance clips Drew!!!
Tracey and Emillie
Post a Comment