Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Swing, The Tree, Tofu, Coffee.

It's been a nice week. The weather has improved a bit (not just rain), we've had some nice outings. I spent one afternoon this week with Kelly and little Clayton, where Cadence got to try his little swing. Reminded me that we have a swing for Cadence, thanks to his Uncle Mike & Aunt Wendy & Cousin Ryan...I got to thinking, hey I wonder whether Cadence is big enough to use it yet? And he is! Turns out the swing reclines so he doesn't have to be fully sittting on his own to use it. All this time...anyways, he seems to quite like it. Tofu looks on with interest.


We had a little ceremony outside this week to celebrate Cadence's joining us in the world. We read Shel Silverstein's The Giving Tree (gift from the fantastic duo Jen & Dave).



Here is Cadence exploring the feel of Tofu's fur. Tofu is tuckered out from a day at Flo's daycare.


This morning's sunrise. Which I got to see, because Cadence was awake about every hour all night. Hmph. Have added a touch of regular coffee to the decaf today, but I bet I'll pay for it with a baby who doesn't want to nap either. Oh well. Tonight I play basketball at 8:30, which is going to cut into what has become my normal bedtime. Hopefully I get a second wind by then, or I'll be completely useless (more so than usual) on the court :)

4 comments:

mavenmiia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mavenmiia said...

hey sweeties! what fun. i like the swing. wish i had one. i like reading about cadence petting tofu and reading 'the giving tree' one of my favourite books too.

autumn here as well and we had our first snow a couple of days ago though melted. today i pulled out the winter coat i've been carrying but i think prematurely.

we're in abakan and head out by train tonight. kyzyl was phenomenal. chris even had a throat singing lesson with a master.

much love to you guys! miia

mavenmiia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

WOW what a fantastic sunrise. nothing like that in the T-dot. I love the pic of Tofu and baby C. How strange it must be to feel fur for the first time. What a great friendship they have. The tree shot reminds me of your new artwork. Did you find a place for it yet? It's Sat Oct 7, just hanging at with Nana & Neil in to London. What a beautiful day with loads of sunshine & changing leaves. Thinking of you all & sending you warm autumn thanksgiving wishes. xox Auntie Mer