Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fall is Here

Before I forget, I've adjusted the settings so you don't have to be a member to comment. So please feel free to send a note anytime!

Life here is good. There's something about being here that's just more manageable in scale. Fewer people, more of whom we know (so we have frequent opportunities to run into friends in the street), also less clutter in this northern world, which for me means deeper breathing and a sense of peace that I haven't felt in a long time. One of my favourite features of this community is the drop-in culture: friends who are nearby will just drop in for a visit, for spontaneous dinner, for tea. There's always enough, there's always room. It's just implied that people aren't too busy for spontaneity, and I love it.

Nana came to visit last week. We had a great visit and can't wait to see her again!


Congratulations to my dear friend Kaarina on her engagement--can't wait to celebrate! Here's Kaarina with Cadence back in Toronto:


Drew and I are starting to find ways to exercise, as replacement for the bike commute we no longer have. Drew is out mountain biking with a friend this morning, and I've started playing basketball once a week in a women's league. I went to a baby & mom yoga class, but spent the majority of it feeding Cadence. We walk into town when we can, generally once per day although it's been raining a lot so we've been a wee bit remiss on that one.

This coming weekend is Thanksgiving and we're very much looking forward to our trip to Sudbury for a visit.

The little jelly-bean has started napping well, thanks to Drew's swaddling technique, but still wakes up every two hours at night. Hmph. I wish I could swap nightime sleep for daytime naps.


Cadence really likes his daddy's jokes.


To celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary, the whole family went to Kap Kig Iwan park. Not a very nice day, but beautiful there nonetheless.


I'm starting to see a resemblance between dad and baby :)


Amanda in KL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos and commentary. Cadence is adorable. Hope to see him live in Toronto some time soon....ireen.

Amanda said...

Thanks! We've been away long enough that I'm starting to miss the energy of the city; I'll let you know for sure when we're down.