Monday, July 14, 2008

Two! Can you believe it!?

Well we made it to two! Poor Cadence, woke up morning of his party throwing up. Our guests were oh-so gracious when he threw up again in the middle of breakfast; they hardly flinched. That's family for ya! (I found it interesting that he was sick on that day, as I reminisced to the day before giving birth & how I had the same symptoms after taking a double dose of castor oil).

Anyways--although he didn't get to eat his cupcake until a couple of days after his real b-day, Cadence had a great party & continues to talk about Peter & Emma being here, about his cupcake, about candles, and about singing Happy Birthday. By next year I think he'll really have the whole thing down to a perfection.

Otherwise all is well. Drew's out tonight watching some music at the theatre, and we've been keeping busy. I got to go in the dragon boat races last weekend, played my first baseball game last week (since elementary school I believe!) and Tofu got to have a sleepover with a puppy friend this weekend. Cadence seems to be over his ailment & is now eating like gangbusters leading me to believe that he's about to grow about two inches overnight. Summer's sort of here & we're doing all we can to enjoy it...gardening, swim in the lake last Friday, picnics at the playground whenever the sun's shining (which isn't all that often!) Cadence & I still wear our winter jammies every night as it just won't seem to get hot! Oh well... :)

We seem to have really slowed down our picture-taking...but I've rounded up a few from the last while.

On birthday party morning, with cousin Emma, enjoying the fridge farm animals he got from Grampa & Gammie.


After breakfast, when Cadence came outside to play, he was greeted by a yard full of little chairs, each one with a balloon tied to it. Grampa & Gramma had put together a scavenger hunt for him for his birthday..took a little coaxing but he completed it, with an armful of new books, crayons, & paints to play with! (Nice work Grampa!)


With cousins Peter & Emma, after the treasure hunt concluded. Those three were great together the whole time. I think Cadence really misses them!


Cadence got a great package from Nana & Auntie Mer...he was quick to put on his new beach/swim shoes ('pidding shoes') & quite enjoyed the card. Books/card with flip-up things are a bit hit at two.

All the balloons leftover from the b-day have been great & Cadence has learned the joy of catching a ball(oon). We practice daily now, although the balloons are barely the size of tennis balls by now. Maybe soon we'll notch things up a bit to a beach ball!


Checking out the latest Vegetarian Times over breakfast.


This Saturday I got up & ran out to the farmer's market & a couple of yard sales while Drew & Cadence hung out at home; I picked up a great little table & chairs for C's bedroom (to ease the transition of the rocking chair out into the basement). Before bringing it upstairs we broke it in with some whole wheat mac & cheese (I've had better...).


Tofu & Deacon, his little sleepover friend from this past weekend. Deac's 14 weeks old.


Flash back--more or less 2 years ago...I remember it like it was yesterday!

2 comments:

Sharilynn said...

No, I really can't believe it. Look at that little tiny guy, just two years ago! He's such an amazing little man now. Big hugs and Happy Birthday wishes again to Cadence from us.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cadence!!Great to see pictures of Pete and Emma as I haven't seen any lately. Love the table and chairs for Cadence's room. That's a nice looking wicker chair he has too.... Can't believe he's two now - love the flashback photo.
You guys are awesome!
Love Tracey