Sunday, August 10, 2008

Broken computer backlog...

Our cherished laptop has been on the fritz lately, and I've been awful at actually calling the help line to get things straightened out. As a result we've got a bit of a backlog of pictures that Drew finally downloaded onto another computer, and so I'm now finally getting to a new post.

I can't think of what's new so will look through the pictures & see what they tell. I found a fabulous stretch of video that Drew shot, but am having trouble uploading it. Will keep trying, and if not tonight then perhaps in a later post.

Cadence & I are on our way to Sudbury tomorrow morning for four days and we're both quite excited.

So--we've had rain pretty much every day, and not all that much hot weather really--but somehow Drew nor I have really minded it that much. There's always a bit of time to make it outside, so we're not feeling trapped indoors at all. And of course time to make it to the playground a couple of time a week. Here we are at the "big" playground.


Whipping cream, and peaches.


We puppy sat this weekend--here's Tofu with his little friend Deacon.


In mid-July we finally got out strawberry picking, with the goal of gathering enough to last the winter (my gamble is that we'll have eaten them all by mid-November, but hey they're soo good!) Cadence did great & even filled almost a whole basket on his own before the novelty wore off. Gramma & Grampa were there with us to play with Cadence while I was busy squirreling away the berries, and Drew was videotaping the work & getting some great footage of strawberry fields & clouds whirring by (before the rain started...)




In the driveway, with the construction trucks. Which have actually taken a backseat in popularity after the acquisition of a toy stroller that Cadence got for free at a yard sale yesterday. In the absence of any good outdoor doll candidates, I helped him nestle his baby basketball in the stroller.


Mangoes are finally good! Another thing I miss about Toronto but hey they seem to have made it up here for at least a little while...I taught Cadence how to eat a mango & he did quite a good job.


Drew, Cadence & I finally checked out the new-ish asian food restaurant in town, and it was great ! I got vegetarian pad thai, and it even had tofu!! We'll hopefully go there again before too long. Cadence did a great job with his chopsticks (he & I practice at home whenever we're eating thai soup or stirfry). The server even gave him two fortune cookies.


Here's Cadence, after much (much) practice, riding the trike Grampa gave him. The trip lately consists of riding to the end of our road (mostly downhill), where we visit "the bump". The bump is a rut in the road carved out by the rain, and is great for running through, jumping over, riding through, etc. The trip generally consists of Cadence riding or walking down there, then about 30 minutes of us trying to entice him back home (it's about a 30 second walk.)

No comments: