It just occurred to me that although we've been sharing pics with moderate frequency, I haven't provided much of an update on Cadence's life in general. So: we've just made it through the first four molars, which seemed to take forever. We had a brief respite, about four days, and then he was onto the next set of teeth, which I hear are the worst (I maintain that the molars are worse than newborn days). We're at 12 teeth & counting. He's a trooper!
He's finalized the transition to just one nap per day; both yesterday & today it was 3 hrs and Drew and I swear he woke up bigger than he fell asleep. On daycare days he might only nap 1 1/2 hrs because of all the noise there, so we just adapt by doing a 7pm bedtime rather than 7:30.
He's still going to daycare part time, and has started transitioning into the toddler room (for kids 18 mos -2 or 3 yrs I think) but they've been allowing kids as young as 15 mos in there lately. Once he's comfy there we'll have a lot more freedom for Drew to get work done...he might start going 1/2 days x 5 days per week but we'll see how it pans out.
What else...officially rejected spicy food twice this week (once a curry and once pasta). I swear he was fine with it before, and I thought that if we stuck with it when he's young he'd be fine, but it appears to burn his tongue or something. Otherwise he's doing great with food.
Walking is doing well, and actually I can't think of him actuall crawling for travel in quite a number of days--it's walking everywhere, and running if he's using his little street cleaner toy.
That's about all...we're having a lot of fun with him and just got his first real shoes followed by his first real winter boots today. Snow on the ground when we woke--just a bit, but it's started!
All for now...off to bed I go :)
1 comment:
Thanks for the info on dear Cadence. Yes, a lot of challenges but also a lot of joys! Before you know it he will be 10 years old so enjoy this stage with him.
Love Tracey
Post a Comment