Monday, October 01, 2007

Shrubbery

Just back from a weekend in Sudbury, where some of our faithful readers will be pleased to learn that we bought lamps. I'll leave it at that at risk of sounding absolutely boring and mundane (i.e. that's the most we have to report on). Of course we managed to not take any pictures during the actual visit; this is becoming more & more common. Sorry guys.

Life's been good...a lot of our friends are travelling far & wide, moving, and we miss them (France, Nova Scotia). Family are travelling too (Florida, Europe) and we miss them. We're staying put for now, but settling in more at home and getting ready for winter should it decide to join us this year. I'm actually rooting for an early winter so that the bears can get to sleep but even that's a mixed blessing because if they haven't fattened up enough, they won't survive. Such a tough time for those poor creatures. I'm rooting for them, anyways.

On another note, I've become completely disillusioned with our election candidates around here. The candidate I had thought I'd support is doing things like promoting hydro subsidies for industry and bringing back the spring bear hunt rather than investigating habitat loss and other reasons for our bear woes. Ah well I suppose this isn't the place for a political rant...

So back to baby!
On our way back from Sudbury we stopped in a town called Field for lunch. Here are Drew and Cadence enjoying an ice cream cone (just the cone for C.), in front of the best chip stand ever. (it got this glorious title by me after I discovered not only good food but also clean, new latrines outside and a handwashing station too.)


And enjoying some local outdoor art.

That evening, while I boiled some water for drinking and made supper (we had an adverse well test so have to boil water until we get around to treating the well), Drew and Cadence played outside. Cadence can now make it all the way down the little hill in our yard all on his own. He knows to turn around & go down backwards, just like on stairs.



Drew brought this old synthesizer back from Toronto with him a few weeks ago. Cadence really enjoys playing with it. More evidence that he's his daddy's son.




and more...Drew assembling a cabinet, and Cadence helping with his own set of tools.


This is from last weekend, before our trip. Down to the park is a walk or bike ride we do daily on the weekend, and many week days as well. Cadence is really starting to love it there as more bits of the playground become accesible to him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Reading the title of this blog "Shrubbery" I at first thought it was about Monty Python. Not so it now seems.... instead lots of great pics of Cadence who is not so little anymore! I love the grass shots of him sitting on your backyard hill! Is that a bear looming over his shoulder? I got a little nervous thinking of him "out there" with those guys wandering about. Life in the north eh? Here in the south we have our own worries.... but not bears! Thanks for the updates!
Love (Aunt)Tracey
ps - nice cabinet Drew was putting together!

Sharilynn said...

Thanks for the new post! Cadence is looking so grown up now. Glad to see you are still using the combi. Jordan missed it, but we have the new one now and he's in love all over again. Good luck with the bear troubles (and the election! You just reminded me to check what's been going on with that).